As people, we’re always waiting
Waiting for school to start
Waiting for it to end
For our trains to come
And for our trains to stop
Some people spend a simple few minutes to hours waiting
Others wait their entire life
Waiting for things to get better
Waiting for things to get worse
Waiting for this and that
It seems I’ve spent my entire life
Waiting, and waiting for you
All the time while I thought I was waiting for something else
I waited for you at school to see if maybe you’d be in my classes
And on the walks to work thinking maybe I’d bump into you right before
And I waited on the train
Thinking maybe, just maybe, you’d be waiting too
My mom told me about heartbreak and pain
But you showed me, it can all go away
And although maybe I have not yet found you, but pieces of you in the school hall way or on my subway trains
I promise you, I will continue waiting.
― Waiting, Jamilex Castillo (via perfect)
1. I don’t like folding laundry or talking about my emotions. I’m likely to leave both scattered all over.
2. I’m not much for cooking but there will always be coffee.
3. I’ll wear anything of yours with sleeves. I love when they’re long enough to wrap around my hands.
4. Sometimes the world is too harsh, too big. It’s hard to leave the house on days like those.
5. When I was sick as a kid my mom would run a bath for me and wash my hair. It was always so soothing. Maybe you could do that every once in a while.
6. I find it difficult to finish most things. My room is home to countless journals of incomplete thoughts.
7. I won’t love you any less in December. I think my heart just wasn’t meant for the cold.
8. I never truly know why I’m crying so don’t bother to ask, simply be there.
9. There’s whiskey in the medicine cabinet.
10. If things get terribly bad, please don’t give up. Get me in the car and drive to the sea. The waves beneath my toes will wake me up and I’ll be yours again.
― Things to know before promising you’ll stay (via perfect)
The gods envy us. They envy us because we’re mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we’re doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.
― Homer, The Iliad (via katara)
Stop waiting for friday, for summer, for a boy to fall in love with you. Happiness is achieved when you stop waiting for it and make something of the moment you’re in right now.
― e-stablish (via e-stablish)
We only write about two feelings: one is the first day of summer when you and all of your friends are standing on the edge of a cliff watching the sun set and being overcome with all of your hopes and dreams at once. The other is when you’re walking alone in the rain and realize you will be alone forever.
― The Drums (via fleur-cerisier)